All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do some artworks stand out head and shoulders above others? Exceptional art somehow satisfies at a deeper level than the rest. What Makes Great Art showcases a selection of 80 outstanding paintings and sculptures from around the world and throughout time, assessing just what it is that makes them so great. Some owe their greatness to composition of colour, others offer profound insights into their human subjects, and some convey their message particularly effectively. Andy Prankhurst's succinct, appraisive text will open your eyes to the unique defining qualities of these key works, enabling you to appreciate the groundbreaking talents of every age.
- Author BiographyANDY PANKHURST studied at the Slade School of Fine Art in London. A deeply expressive figurative painter, his work is represented in various public, corporate and private collections and museums in the UK and the US. Alongside his work at the Slade, Andy also teaches at the University of Westminster, the Prince's Trust Drawing School and Canterbury Christ Church University. LUCINDA HAWKSLEY is the author of more than twenty books. She is a regular lecturer in art history at the institute of English Studies and the National Portrait Gallery, London.
- Author(s)Andy Pankhurst,Lucinda Hawksley
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Width177 mm
- Height127 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.