All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book for curious people. It attempts to answer the basic question how does it work? As such, it does t explain how to call documented APIs and DDIs to accomplish some specific goal. There is plenty of information available on these subjects, including the MSDN Library, the WDK documentation and several excellent books. Rather, its purpose is to analyze how the Virtual Memory Manager works, simply because it is something worth kwing. With a certain mindset, it might even be something fun to kw. Even though this book gives a fairly detailed description of the Virtual Memory Manager, it is t reserved for experienced kernel level programmers. Parts I and II provide information on the x64 processor and eugh details on kernel mode code execution to help readers approaching these subjects for the first time. This book describes the Windows 7 x64 implementation of the Virtual Memory Manager. All of the analysis and experiments have been performed on this particular version only.
- Author BiographyEnrico Martignetti graduated in Electronic Engineering at Politecnico di Torino in 1993. He has been working as a software developer since 1990 and has been cultivating a strong interest on the Windows architecture since the late nineties, when he decided, quite short-sightedly, to study the kernel of Windows 98. He then moved to the Windows NT family kernel in 2001 and has been trying to make sense of it ever since.
- Author(s)Enrico Martignetti
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1082 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.