All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll readers, both vice and longtime practitioners, will encounter in this book new answers, and new questions, to the what, why and how of Zen practice. We've all had moments in our lives when we've thought, Something is missing. There must be more to life than this. It is this sense that often brings people to the practice of Zen. By turning to Zen, they ackwledge that this something lies t in externals, but rather in seeking to transcend desire and attachment. The journey toward that transcendence begins with questioning, and questions will be part of the path until awakening is attained. In What More do You Want? a fascinating new book by rewned Zen master Albert Low, he addresses some of the questions students have posed about the practice of Zen: Why do we practice? Why should we seek to understand our reasons for practicing? How can we distinguish between true and false practice? What is awakening? In addition, Low shares with his readers four teishos talks that comment on a text or koan in order to enhance meditation practice on zazen or seated meditation, on pain and suffering, and on the very nature of practice itself. Finally, Low shares with readers an experience of satori, a glimpse into Buddha nature.
- Author BiographyAlbert Low is an internationally recognized Zen master and author. Among his many works are Zen and the Sutras, To Know Yourself, and Zen Meditation Plain and Simple. He has been teacher and director of Montreal Zen Centre for over thirty years. Monique Dumont is a director of the Montreal Zen Centre and a contributor of French language articles to its biannual journal Zen Gong.
- Author(s)Albert Low,Monique Dumont
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication13/05/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Weight249 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.