Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionJoin the first, most comprehensive discussion on 'liberty' - the defining issue of the twenty-first Century. With fear of terrorism, crime and social chaos putting our ideal of individual liberty very much into retreat, how can we maintain the principles we fought so hard to attain? History provides a guide to answering this question. What Price Liberty? takes us through four centuries of civil liberty; how it was constructed, and has been re-thought and re-fought to adapt to new circumstances. An essential and utterly enlightening discussion, What Price Liberty? provides the material and arguments with which we can make sense of our times.
- Author BiographyBen Wilson was born in 1980 and studied history at Cambridge, both as an undergraduate and postgraduate. He is the author of two previous critically-acclaimed books, The Laughter of Triumph: William Hone and the Fight for the Free Press (2005) and Decency and Disorder: The Age of Cant 1789-1837.
- Author(s)Ben Wilson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight376 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.