All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical book is a great resource for teachers who want to engage their students with young adult literature. The author presents in-depth, instructional units centered on historical conflicts and texts that will help students to better understand other cultures and time periods. An array of active learning strategies place students close to the featured vel or memoir while meeting standards and addressing a broad range of critical thinking skills. Historical themes center on: the Depression; Mexican American migrant farm workers; children during the Holocaust; the internment of the Japanese during WWII; the Japanese occupation of Korea; the U.S. Civil Rights Movement; the experience of U.S. soldiers and children affected by the Vietnam War. This book features: depictions of active learning in the English classroom, including many examples of student work with accompanying photos, web pages, and more; a variety of adaptable assignments designed to promote empathy and deepen students' awareness of the world around them; and, young adult literature that has proven to be of interest to students and relevant to their lives.
- Author BiographyLinda J. Rice is Assistant Professor of English/Language Arts Education at Ohio University, Athens, Ohio.
- Author(s)Linda J. Rice
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLanguage & Literacy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width162 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.