All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo one kws where the term Underground Railroad came from--there were trains or tracks, only conductors who helped escaping slaves to freedom. Including real stories about passengers on the Railroad, this book chronicles slaves' close calls with bounty hunters, exhausting struggles on the road, and what they sacrificed for freedom. With 80 black-and-white illustrations throughout and a sixteen-page black-and-white photo insert, the Underground Railroad comes alive!
- Author BiographyYona Zeldis McDonough (www.yonazeldismcdonough.com) is the author of Who Was Harriet Tubman? and Who Was Rosa Parks?
- Author(s)Yona Zeldis McDonough
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication26/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleWhat Was...
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG P Putnam's Sons
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width135 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lauren Mortimer,James Bennett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.