All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAn invigorating and inspiring take on the new ways American women are changing and improving our culture and the way we live from Kellyanne Conway, counselor to president Donald Trump, and Celinda Lake, a leading political strategist for the Democratic party. Women are the most powerful force reshaping the future of America. There is a newly defined unified power base among women that crosses all the usual lines of division-politics, race, religion, age, and class-heralding the most significant change in American culture in the past century. Kellyanne Conway, counselor to president Donald Trump and president and CEO of The Polling Company, Inc. and Celinda Lake, a leading political strategist for the Democratic party-two of the most prominent trend-spotters and analysts in America-demonstrate how women are rejecting outdated traditions in order to get what they want and need. They are breaking the old rules about when and whether to marry and have children, living fully and equally as singles, and creating flexible, inclusive workplaces that don't sacrifice family or sanity. They are controlling $5 trillion annually as the primary purchasers of homes, cars, appliances, and electronics. They are making their mark at ages twenty, forty, sixty, and beyond, drawing strength, inspiration, and intellectual stimulation from other women. Using the eye-opening results of interviews, focus groups, and polls (three of which were created especially for this book), Conway and Lake-who often fall on opposite sides of the country's most polarizing debates-come together to seek out what women buy, what they believe, how they work, how they live, what they care about, what they fear, and what they really want. By delving beneath the hot-button issues, Lake and Conway discovered common causes with which women are inventing a new age of opportunity-doing it their way and, in the process, improving life for all Americans.
- Author BiographyKellyanne Conway is a Republican campaign manager, strategist, pollster, and trusted advisor to president Donald Trump. She holds the title of Counselor to the President and is president and CEO of The Polling Company, Inc. and WomanTrend, a research and consulting division that for years has tracked and interpreted important trends influencing and being influenced by women. She is married and has four children. Celinda Lake is a pollster and political strategist for the Democratic Party, and one of the nation's foremost experts on electing women candidates and on framing issues to women voters. She is the president of the polling firm Lake Research Partners. Catherine Whitney has coauthored more than fifty books on legal, political, and social issues, including Where Have All the Leaders Gone? and The Weekend That Changed Wall Street. She lives in New York.
- Author(s)Celinda C. Lake,Kellyanne Conway
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Free Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight366 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.