All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis report documents the results of road-testing two frameworks for assessing community participation: Active partners: Benchmarking community involvement in regeneration (Yorkshire Forward, 2000) and Auditing community participation: An assessment handbook (The Policy Press, 2000). The report examines whether the tools were useful, what worked most effectively and how the tools might be amalgamated on the basis of what was learned from the road-testing. The practical difficulties involved in using the tools were also explored. The lessons learned have enabled the production of a new companion handbook for development and assessment, Making community participation meaningful, which combines and develops the original frameworks.
- Author BiographyDanny Burns is Professor of Social and Organisational Learning and Co-director of SOLAR (Social and Organisational Learning as Action Research) at the University of the West of England, Bristol. Frances Heywood is Research Fellow at the School for Policy Studies, University of Bristol. Pete Wilde is a Director of the COGS Consultancy (Communities and Organisations: Growth and Support). Mandy Wilson is also a Director of COGS.
- Author(s)Danny Burns,Frances Heywood,Mandy Wilson,Pete Wilde
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.