All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiver disease ranks fourth as a killer of people between the ages of 45 and 64. Unfortunately, without an annual blood test, it can progress silently until the organ's ability to function has been greatly compromised. When a diagsis of liver disease is given, the road that lies ahead is unfamiliar to most patients and may seem frightening. WHAT YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT LIVER DISEASE is a guide to understanding the disease and its treatment options. The book is divided into two parts. Part One addresses the conventional approach to the treatment of liver disease. Using ntechnical language, Dr. Snyder begins by explaining the function of the liver and examines the many ways in which the liver can be damaged - from alcohol abuse to overdosing on over-the-counter pain relievers. He, also, provides an overview of the type of care to expect from your healthcare team - including tests, medication and more - and looks at the signs and symptoms of possible complications. Once you kw the basics of liver function and conventional treatments, Part Two provides a comprehensive examination of the complementary therapies that can be used in coordination with your ongoing care. The doctor offers information on nutrition and natural supplements - those to take and those to avoid. Finally, he presents an exercise programme designed specifically for liver patients and a Liver-Detoxification Plan that can rid the organ of burdensome substances. Written in a clear and inviting manner, Dr. Snyder allows patients and their families to better understand what liver disease is and how it can be successfully treated. Most important, WHAT YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT LIVER DISEASE gives patients the information they need to be active participants in their own treatment.
- Author BiographyRich Snyder holds a medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Snyder is a contributing member of the American Osteopathic Association, the American College of Osteopathic Internists, the Renal Physicians Association and several other medical organisations. He has the best-selling author of What You Must Know About Kidney Disease and What You Must Know About Dialysis.
- Author(s)Rich Snyder
- PublisherSquare One Publishers
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationGarden City Park, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSquare One Publishers
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.