All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStone Age people invented the first knives...and also the first spoons. In the Middle Ages the first books of manners told readers to wipe their greasy fingers on the tablecloth. And in 1669 King Louis XIV ordered that table knives should have rounded ends because there'd been too many stabbings. In What You Never Knew About Fingers, Forks, & Chopsticks, Patricia Lauber and John Manders serve up a hilarious and informative look at how ways of eating and manners have changed through the ages. This well-researched tour of social history makes the subject of how we eat more fascinating and fun than you ever imagined it could be.
- Author(s)Patricia Lauber
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Date of Publication24/11/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Manders
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.