All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA wonderful addition to the unique and well-respected WATSA series is this new volume on the parables by David Gowler. His book introduces as succinctly as possible the current scholarly thinking about the parables of Jesus, which has proved to be a creative and dynamic area in New Testament studies. The topics he explores are enumerated in this Table of Contents: Historical-Critical Approaches to the Parables The Emergence of Literary Approaches to the Parables Fully Developed Literary Approaches to the Parables The Parables and Their Jewish Contexts The Parables and Their Hellenistic Contexts The Parables and Their Social Contexts From Simile and Metaphor to Symbol and Emblematic Language Noteworthy for its brevity and thoroughness, this work will be a valuable Bible study aid for Bible students on the high school and college level, as well as for persons in Bible study groups. In addition, pastors and church professionals will want to add to their library.
- Author BiographyDavid B. Gowler is professor of religious studies at Chowan College, Murfreesboro, NC.
- Author(s)David B. Gowler
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.