All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten specifically for students on counselling and psychotherapy courses, this book gives an overview of the profession from its early beginnings in psychotherapy and psychoanalysis through the development of the different schools and approaches of talking therapies including psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural and person-centred approaches. Working within various sectors, such as the commercial, educational and public, is also considered and discussed. The author concludes the book by looking at where counselling and psychotherapy is heading in the future.
- Author BiographyNorman is psychotherapist and former Head of Counselling and Psychotherapy studies at the University of Southampton. In addition to his academic teaching and writing, he maintains a small private practice and, as an acknowledged organisational counselling consultant, he is frequently retained as an advisor/practitioner by many private firms and governmental agencies. This necessarily involves him in a considerable volume of trauma response provision.
- Author(s)Norman Claringbull
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication06/01/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCounselling and Psychotherapy Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.