All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is Islamic Philosophy? offers a broad introduction to Islamic thought, from its origins to the many challenging issues facing Muslims in the contemporary world. The chapters explore early Islamic philosophy and trace its development through key themes and figures up to the twenty-first century. Topics covered include: * ethical issues such as just war, abortion, women's rights, homosexuality and cloning * questions in political philosophy regarding what kind of Islamic state could exist and how democratic can (or should) Islam really be * the contribution of Islam to 'big questions' such as the existence of God, the concept of the soul, and what constitutes truth. This fresh and original book includes a helpful glossary and suggestions for further reading. It is ideal for students coming to the subject for the first time as well as anyone wanting to learn about the philosophical tradition and dilemmas that are part of the Islamic worldview.
- Author BiographyRoy Jackson is Reader in Philosophy of Religion at the University of Gloucestershire, UK. He has many years' experience of lecturing in Philosophy and Religion at a number of universities. His books include Fifty Key Figures in Islam (2006), Nietzsche and Islam (2007), Mawlana Mawdudi and Political Islam (2010), and The God of Philosophy (2011).
- Author(s)Roy Jackson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.