All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionExtraordinary changes in patterns of family life-and family law-have dramatically altered the boundaries of parenthood and opened up numerous questions and debates. What is parenthood and why does it matter? How should society define, regulate, and support it? Is parenthood separable from marriage-or couplehood-when society seeks to foster children's well-being? What is the better model of parenthood from the perspective of child outcomes? Intense disagreements over the definition and future of marriage often rest upon conflicting convictions about parenthood. What Is Parenthood? asks bold and direct questions about parenthood in contemporary society, and it brings together a stellar interdisciplinary group of scholars with widely varying perspectives to investigate them. Editors Linda C. McClain and Daniel Cere facilitate a dynamic conversation between scholars from several disciplines about competing models of parenthood and a sweeping array of topics, including single parenthood, adoption, dor-created families, gay and lesbian parents, transnational parenthood, parent-child attachment, and gender difference and parenthood.
- Author BiographyLinda C. McClain is Professor of Law and Paul M. Siskind Research Scholar at Boston University School of Law. She is the author of The Place of Families: Fostering Capacity, Equality, and Responsibility, co-author of Ordered Liberty: Rights, Responsibilities, and Virtues (with James E. Fleming), and co-editor of Gender Equality: Dimensions of Women's Equal Citizenship (with Joanna L. Grossman). Daniel Cere is Associate Professor of Religion, Ethics and Public Policy in the Faculty of Religious Studies, McGill University and the Director of the Institute for the Study of Marriage, Law & Culture. His publications include Divorcing Marriage and The Future of Family Law.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication14/01/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleFamilies, Law, and Society
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Note10 tables, 12 figures
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDaniel Cere,Linda C. McClain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.