Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionWith a strong applied focus, WHAT IS PSYCHOLOGY? ESSENTIALS, 2E, International Edition captures and holds students' attention from the first page to the last. Ellen Pastori and Susann Doyle-Portillo, award-winning psychology professors with an infectious enthusiasm for teaching, have found that students who are curious are motivated to explore and truly learn how psychological concepts are connected. This text incorporates the authors' successful and engaging teaching approach, unlocking students' curiosity with compelling, chapter-opening stories of real people that show students how psychology affects their everyday lives. Embedded critical-thinking questions motivate students to continue making connections between personal stories, applications to their own lives, and psychological concepts they will use outside of the classroom. Diversity is addressed in every chapter through integration of issues of gender, race, culture, ethnicity, and sexuality.
- Author BiographySusann M. Doyle-Portillo (Ph.D., social cognition, University of Oklahoma) is professor of psychology at Gainesville College, Dr. Susann M. Doyle-Portillo earned her Ph.D. in Social Cognition from the University of Oklahoma. She holds bachelors degrees in engineering and psychology. She has published articles in the journals Social Cognition and Contemporary Social Psychology, but the main focus of her career is teaching. During her tenure at Gainesville College, Dr. Doyle-Portillo has twice been listed in Who's Who Among America's Teachers. She has supervised independent-study student research at the two-year college level and is the founder of the Division of Social Sciences and Education Annual Research Poster Competition at Gainesville College. She also is the chair of the Scientific Review Committee/Institutional Review Board for the Gainesville College Engineering and Science Fair. She has authored test banks, instructor manuals, and student study guides. Ellen E. Pastorino (Ph.D. in School Psychology, Florida State University) is a developmental psychologist who teaches psychology classes at Valencia Community College in Orlando, Florida. Dr. Pastorino has won numerous teaching awards, including the University of Georgia, Board of Regents Distinguished Professor; the NISOD Excellence in Teaching Award; and Valencia's Teaching and Learning Excellence Award. She also serves as a reviewer for the Journal on Excellence in College Teaching. Dr. Pastorino has authored test banks, instructor manuals, and student study guides, and has published research in the Journal of Adolescent Research and Adolescence. While working as a consultant for IBM Corporation she developed numerous educational materials for teachers and students.
- Author(s)Ellen Pastorino,Susann Doyle-Portillo
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Weight1500 g
- Width230 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementFirst Course International ed of 2nd Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.