All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionErvin Laszlo's tour de force, What is Reality?, is the product of a half-century of deep contemplation and cutting-edge scholarship. Addressing many of the paradoxes that have confounded modern science over the years, it offers thing less than a new paradigm of reality, one in which the cosmos is a seamless whole, informed by a single, coherent consciousness manifest in us all. Bringing together science, philosophy, and metaphysics, Laszlo takes aim at accepted wisdom, such as the dichotomies of mind and body, spirit and matter, being and nbeing, to show how we are all part of an infinite cycle of existence unfolding in spacetime and beyond. Augmented by insightful commentary from a dozen scholars and thinkers, along with a foreword by Deepak Chopra and an introduction by Stanislav Grof, What is Reality? offers a fresh and liberating understanding of the meaning and purpose of existence.
- Author BiographyErvin Laszlo spent his childhood in Budapest. He was a celebrated child prodigy, with public appearances from the age of nine. Upon receiving a Grand Prize at the international music competition in Geneva, he was allowed to cross the Iron Curtain and begin an international concert career, first in Europe and then in the United States. At the request of Senator Claude Pepper of Florida, he was awarded United States citizenship by an Act of Congress before his twenty-first birthday. Laszlo received the Sorbonne's highest degree, the Doctorat es Lettres et Sciences Humaines, in 1970. Shifting to the life of a scientist and humanist, he lectured at various American universities, including Yale, Princeton, Northwestern, the University of Houston, and the State University of New York. The author, co-author or editor of ninety-one books, which have appeared in twenty-four languages, Laszlo has also written several hundred papers and articles in scientific journals and popular magazines. He is a member of numerous scientific bodies, including the International Academy of Science, the World Academy of Arts and Science, the International Academy of Philosophy of Science, and the International Medici Academy. Laszlo received the Goi Peace Award in 2001, the Assisi Mandir of Peace Prize in 2006, the Polyhistor Prize of Hungary in 2015 and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2004 and 2005. He was elected member of the Hungarian Academy of Science in 2010. Laszlo is founder and president of the global think tank The Club of Budapest and Founder and Director of the Laszlo Institute of New Paradigm Research in Italy.
- Author(s)Ervin Laszlo
- PublisherSelect Books Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- Series TitleA New Paradigm Book
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSelect Books Inc
- Weight557 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Introduction byStanislav Grof
- Foreword byDeepak Chopra
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.