Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $127.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $131.94+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPamela Howard's ground-breaking What is Scegraphy? was the first book to set out the bold new approaches to designing and directing for theatre which had dazzled audiences in Europe during the previous decades. It did us all a service by enriching the scope of how we understand the aesthetics of the stage. The lavish new materials (drawings, colour photos, new production analysis) included in this second edition make it even more essential for anyone interested in new developments in theatre. - David Bradby To write, design, organize, manage, sculpt, educate, paint, research and above all, to passionately live the life of the performance is what Pamela has done throughout her whole career and, in one way or ather, it is reflected here in this book: the universality of stage design, its elements and its soul. - Ramon Ivars Gives an excellent sense of scegraphy and a window on a life in the theatre - which is fascinating...A superb book. - Professor Arld Aronson, Columbia University, USA Pamela Howard is the precise definition of what a scegrapher of today should be: a multiple artist. Her vast experience with space, her rare and acute power of reflection, her workshops worldwide, her masterful control of drawing and painting and her ability to interconnect scegraphy with other artistic expressions qualify her to discuss with great authority what space for staging should be in the coming decades of this millennium. - Jose Carlos Serroni Pamela Howard's What is Scegraphy? has become a classic text in contemporary theatre design and performance practice. In this second edition, the author expands on her holistic analysis of scegraphy as comprising space, text, research, art, performers, directors and spectators, to examine the changing nature of scegraphy in the twenty-first century. The book includes: * case studies and anecdotes from Howard's own celebrated career * illustrations of her own recent work, in full colour throughout * an updated 'world view' of scegraphy, with definitions from the world's most famous and influential scegraphers A direct and personal response to the question of how to define scegraphy by one of the world's leading practitioners, What is Scegraphy? continues to shape the work of visual theatremakers throughout the world.
- Author BiographyPamela Howard is a practising scenographer and theatre director, specializing in music theatre and music events. She is Professor Emeritus at the University of the Arts London (Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design) and a frequent guest at universities and colleges all over the world. In 2008 she was awarded the OBE for services to drama. She is an Emeritus member of the OISTAT Education Commission, and original creator of SCENOFEST - the International Festival of Scenography, now part of the Prague Quadriennal.
- Author(s)Pamela Howard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2009
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 colour line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.02Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $29.80Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.