All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is essential that social work students have a clear grasp of the history and the evolutions of social work practice. Now in its fourth edition, Horner's classic introductory text looks at how issues such as the Personalisation Agenda, the work of the Reform Board, and how the tion of a Big Society and the recent contractions in government spending have impacted on practice and education.
- Author BiographyNigel Horner is Head of the School of Health and Social Care at the University of Lincoln, where he teaches social work history, theory and methods, residential child care and ageing and older people. He began working in a London Borough Children's Home in 1972, before studying Sociology at Durham University. After a period as a Community Worker, he qualified in Social Work from Glasgow University in 1980, and thereafter worked in Mental Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, Fostering and Youth Offending settings. He is also a Senior Fellow in the Higher Education Academy.
- Author(s)Nigel Horner
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.