All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is kwledge? Where does it come from? What kinds of kwledge are there? Can we kw anything at all? This lucid and engaging introduction grapples with these central questions in the theory of kwledge, offering a clear, n-partisan view of the main themes of epistemology. Both traditional issues and contemporary ideas are discussed in sixteen easily digestible chapters, each of which conclude with a useful summary of the main ideas discussed, study questions, antated further reading and a guide to internet resources. Each chapter also features text boxes providing bite-sized summaries of key concepts and major philosophers, and clear and interesting examples are used throughout. The book concludes with an antated guide to general introductions to epistemology, a glossary of key terms, and a summary of the main examples used in epistemology, This an ideal first textbook in the theory of kwledge for undergraduates coming to philosophy for the first time. The third edition has been revised and updated throughout and features two new chapters, on religious kwledge and scientific kwledge, as part of a whole new section on what kinds of kwledge there are. In addition, the text as a whole has been refreshed to keep it up to date with current developments.
- Author BiographyDuncan Pritchard FRSE is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Edinburgh, UK. His main research area is epistemology, and he has published widely in this field, including the books Epistemic Luck (2005), Knowledge (2009), The Nature and Value of Knowledge (with A. Millar & A. Haddock, 2010), and Epistemological Disjunctivism (2012). In 2007 he was awarded a Phillip Leverhulme Prize for his research. In 2011 he was elected to a Fellowship of the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Duncan Pritchard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight420 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.