All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhat Is This Thing Called Polaroid? focuses on the intimate relationship the artist Ulay (born 1943) has developed with the medium of Polaroid, which he has been exploring since the 1970s. For him the unique and immediate character of each Polaroid photograph was, and still is, a perfect match for his performance and body art. The experiments that Ulay conducted even led him to start working inside a large-format Polaroid camera, radically merging the body of the artist with the body of the camera while the image was being created.This book provides insights into Ulay's artistic pursuits with Polaroid photography and also examines the medium itself, surveying the historical background of the Polaroid, its technical invations, the specific chemical processes involved and the challenges of conserving Polaroid prints.
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight318 g
- Width170 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.