What is it About Me You Can't Teach?: An Instructional Guide for the Urban Educator by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $78.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique resource provides teachers with the tools they need to help all students reach higher levels of achievement. The authors present insights and strategies based on both their own experience, and current research about how teachers can best help struggling students become active, engaged learners. Discussion of the challenges faced by urban students and the importance of high expectations is followed by guidelines for how teachers can most effectively interact with their students. In addition, the authors present: o An extensive collection of practical strategies to increase student engagement o Develop students' cognitive skills o Empower students to take responsibility for their own learning Numerous sample lesson plans for primary, middle, and secondary levels show teachers how to implement the strategies presented. The revised edition includes updated research, expanded explanations of effective strategies, additional lesson plans, and a new chapter on professional development.
- Author BiographyEleanor Renee Rodriguez, PhD, a professional developer with Rodriguez and Associates, has provided consulting services and training to school districts, national associations, and state departments in 48 of 50 states and abroad. Her concentration is on research-based teaching and leadership strategies. She has served in positions from substitute teacher to superintendent, with assign-ments that included preK through adult education and with an emphasis on meeting the needs of students with special needs. In addition, she has directed, reviewed, and evaluated seminars and institutes for the American Association of School Administrators. Her mission is to eliminate the achievement gap and to help educators believe, behave, and achieve so all truly means all. James Bellanca is a life-long advocate for the principles and practices created by Reuven Feuerstein. As a Senior Fellow for the Partnership for 21st Century Learning, he created and edits the innovative P21Blogazine. He is the editor of a series of 21st Century Deeper Learning collections, has authored more than a dozen how-to books aimed to infuse critical and creative thinking across the curriculum and is President of the Illinois Consortium for 21st Century Schools.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/08/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date02/08/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEleanor Renee Rodriguez,James A. Bellanca
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.