All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an extensive collection of practical strategies to increase student engagement, develop students' cognitive skills, and empower students to take responsibility for their own learning. Included are sample lesson plans for primary and secondary levels to show teachers how to implement the strategies presented, updated research, new coverage of standards for college and career readiness, and strategies for integrating techlogy to improve teaching and learning.
- Author BiographyEleanor Renee Rodriguez, PhD, a professional developer with Rodriguez and Associates, has provided consulting services and training to school districts, national associations, and state departments in 48 of 50 states and abroad. Her concentration is on research-based teaching and leadership strategies. She has served in positions from substitute teacher to superintendent, with assign-ments that included preK through adult education and with an emphasis on meeting the needs of students with special needs. In addition, she has directed, reviewed, and evaluated seminars and institutes for the American Association of School Administrators. Her mission is to eliminate the achievement gap and to help educators believe, behave, and achieve so all truly means all. James Bellanca is a life-long advocate for the principles and practices created by Reuven Feuerstein. As a Senior Fellow for the Partnership for 21st Century Learning, he created and edits the innovative P21Blogazine. He is the editor of a series of 21st Century Deeper Learning collections, has authored more than a dozen how-to books aimed to infuse critical and creative thinking across the curriculum and is President of the Illinois Consortium for 21st Century Schools. Deborah Rosalea Esparza is a retired teacher, principal and district administrator. In her years as practicing school leader, Deborah advocated for culturally responsive instruction for all students in a 21st Century Learning framework. As an Area Education Officer in Chicago she guided her schools in the implementation of Feuerstein's Instrumental Enrichment program even as her district lead the city in high achievement scores. Currently, she is Executive Director of the Illinois Consortium and is leading an all-district implementation of the MindQuest21 transformation model throughout the districts' schools.
- Author(s)Deborah Rosalia Esparza,Eleanor Renee Rodriguez,James A. Bellanca
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight885 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.