All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about being alone in our heads. It gives a rare glimpse of what other people feel like: to read it is to reflect on our own experience of being. People hide behind their appearance in order to get by in the world. In this book men and women alike of all ages reach beneath their skin to reveal their inner self. Am I the same person day to day, year to year? Is there an essential core as the layers of life are peeled away? And to what extent do the different stages of life beg different kinds of answers to the question what it feels like to be me ? Readers will see how similarly Julie aged 85 and Nina aged 14 address the questions and how the themes thread through all the contributions. Brilliant poems by Dannie Abse and Peter Phillips look back and forwards in their lives. An Israeli artist looks at himself in two photographs. Three commentators give their views: a professional counsellor, a distinguished scientist and Dr Jonathan Miller.
- Author BiographyJenny Salaman Manson has had a varied career working in politics and civil service. She had the idea for this book when she was in her early twenties having moved to London. She still lives in London.
- Author(s)Jenny Salaman Manson
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/08/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.