What it Really Takes to Get into Ivy League and Other Highly Selective Colleges by Chuck Hughes (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the ultimate insider guide on getting into the country's top colleges. Getting into the nation's leading colleges is one of the most competitive - and demanding - endeavors students face throughout the course of their education. Even the most outstanding students will benefit from having a kwledgeable guide walk them through every step of the nerve-wracking application process. This unique resource is that guide.Written by a former senior admissions officer from Harvard University, this comprehensive and easy-to-understand handbook provides keen insight into: the goals and missions of the admissions offices at highly selective schools; what the toughest admissions officers are looking for; how to write an Ivy League application; the importance of academics, extracurriculars, and intangibles ; how to read (and rate) your application like an admissions officer; finding the school that's right for you; and case studies - analyzed by the author, real Harvard applications help you determine if you're Ivy League material.Straight from the hallowed halls of Harvard, this invaluable guidebook offers an unprecedented behind-the-scenes look inside the bewildering college admissions process - giving you the tools you need to ace your application and join the Ivy League. 'Finally ...the mystery that is admission to highly selective universities has been unveiled. At a time when acceptance to the nation's top schools has become hyper-competitive, What It Really Takes to Get into Ivy League and Other Highly Selective Colleges arrives to explain the inner workings of the process and does so in a manner that is clear and concise' - Steve Pemberton, Vice President, Monster and Former Admissions Officer, Boston College.'This book approaches the mysterious world of selective college admissions in a straightforward and down-to-earth way. [The author's] use of actual case studies and admissions deliberations are particularly helpful, as prospective applicants can see how their credentials and experiences might compare to a national and international admissions pool' - Dan Drummond, Co-Director of College Guidance, University School of Milwaukee and Former Senior Admissions Officer, Harvard College. 'Chuck Hughes' insights are of benefit to anyone involved in the college selection process' - James J. Mohan, Director of Guidance, Hinsdale Central High School, Hinsdsale, IL.
- Author BiographyChuck Hughes is a former senior admissions officer at Harvard University, where he spent several years evaluating thousands of undergraduate applications. Currently director of academic products for Monster.com, he is a Harvard alumnus and makes his home in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Chuck Hughes
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.28Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.