All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLawyer, politician, radio broadcaster-and crusader! That's Rafe Mair. Even at 75 he is still fighting to save the planet, this country, this province, the Pacific salmon, public health care and the electoral system. He castigates lawyers for cashing in on the compensation to aboriginals abused in the residential schools, slaps the wrists of stockbrokers who are creaming their profits eve: as their clients go broke and he weighs in on football team owners who expect taxpayers to pay for their playpens. He has the fervent, to propose kcking down a few more trees in Stanley Park so that people can actually walk between them, and establishing new rules that prevent fights in hockey games. When Mair looks out over the horizon, he even has advice for George W Bush and Vladimir Putin. To top it off, he invites his readers to be happy in agreement with him and angry as hell in disagreement . There are sparks flying from the pages of this book.
- Author BiographyRafe Mair has been a dominant voice in the arena of Canadian broadcasting and print journalism for the quarter of a century, having won the 1994 Michener Media Award for public benefit and the Hutchison Award for Lifetime Achievement in BC Journalism, in addition to being inducted into the Broadcast Hall of Fame in November of 2005. He lives in Lions Bay, BC, with his wife Wendy and his chocolate lab Chauncey.
- Author(s)Rafe Mair
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Weight394 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.