All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat the Persian Media Says: A Coursebook is a comprehensive and stimulating course for intermediate to advanced students of Persian. Presenting many exercises based on authentic Persian newspaper texts, the course thoroughly introduces students to the language of the news in Iran. Real cultural content is featured throughout and there is a strong focus on enabling students to gain familiarity with day-to-day modern Persian discourse. Features include: * A wide range of interesting and challenging exercises presented throughout, including activities designed to both test students' kwledge in a classroom setting and to search online for further Persian news resources * Usage of authentic texts from the Iranian media, written for native speakers, with sources including Ettela'at, Keyhan, Sharq, E'temad, Iran, and Mardomsalari * Coverage of topics highly relevant to modern day Persian society, including the Arts, divorce, violence, problems of youth, unemployment, politics and ecomic issues, enabling cultural engagement and kwledge of complex expressions and idioms used in the media * A comprehensive bilingual glossary of journalistic and n-journalistic termilogy used in the newspaper texts, provided at the back of the book for easy access * All the newspaper texts and their corresponding audio files available for free download at http://routledgetextbooks.com/textbooks/9781138825567/ What the Persian Media Says combines modern and more traditional techniques of language teaching. With all the newspaper texts and their corresponding audio files available for free on the Routledge website, students can read the texts in digital form and listen to the audio while working on exercises in the book, enabling full and exciting engagement with the course materials. Written by an experienced instructor, this will be an invaluable resource for intermediate to advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students of Persian. It can also be used by self-learners and by instructors and students on intensive courses and summer language programs.
- Author BiographyPouneh Shabani Jadidi holds a PhD in Linguistics from the University of Ottawa. She has been a Faculty Lecturer, teaching Persian language and linguistics as well as Persian literature and translation at McGill, Oxford, Chicago and Azad universities since 1997. She is the co-author of The Routledge Introductory Persian Course, 2010 and The Routledge Intermediate Persian Course, 2012 (both with Dominic Brookshaw). Shabani-Jadidi is also a reviewer for the Journal of the International Society for Iranian Studies and the International Journal of Applied Linguistics since 2008.
- Author(s)Pouneh Shabani Jadidi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight585 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Other
- AU $35.59Trending at AU $67.19
- AU $41.23Trending at AU $44.10
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $35.31Trending at AU $51.63
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $22.10
- AU $23.40Trending at AU $28.38
- AU $41.24Trending at AU $45.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.