All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionAn impressive, gifted storyteller.-Katherine V. Forrest Mary McGhee is a legend-heroic to some, hated by others. Her dead lover's inheritance has fueled resentment among a dispossessed family, and in the South, grudges are as hard and immutable as the rocks themselves. But there is one member of that family who seems immune to the grievances of the past. Jane Jackson is a lonely child, isolated from her brutal family by her intelligence and her adventurousness. She's drawn to the lonely old woman who owns what her family expected to be theirs and who also carries some of their darkest secrets-secrets of love, hate, and murder. But Jane's devotion brings Mary as many problems as pleasures. Ugly rumors, emotional temptation, and a violent death swirl around, poisoning the incence of their relationship. As Mary struggles with her own mortality, she tries to decide what's best for Jane. But Jane Jackson has a mind of her own. A mind that is going to lead her into some difficult places and hard choices before she finally discovers what's best for herself. Bett Norris gets up every morning at five and writes. She was a finalist in the first annual Bywater Prize for Fiction contest. She lives in Florida with her partner.
- Author BiographyBett Norris gets up every morning at five and writes. She was a finalist in the first annual Bywater Prize for Fiction contest. She lives in Florida with her partner.
- Author(s)Bett Norris
- PublisherBywater Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBywater Books
- Weight338 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.