All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionWhat kind of world are our boys growing up in? Why are increasing numbers of boys suffering body image and self-esteem problems? Why do they feel worthless without the latest branded toy, game or item of clothing? What makes soft drinks, snacks and fast foods so attractive? Why are they drawn to countless acts of violence on TV, in movies and in computer games? What impact does our highly sexualised climate and our emphasis on success and money have on them as they grow? And why are so many boys vulnerable to cyber bullying and to porn? Childhood and teenage life is changing rapidly, leaving parents exhausted and confused as to how best to tackle the many issues they face. How does this high-pressure environment affect a boy's confidence, his values and aspirations, his well-being, his sense of community, his attitudes to girls and women? In her follow-up book to What's Happening to Our Girls? Maggie Hamilton asks these and many other vital questions, as well as providing numerous tips for parents and educators on how to create a more promising future for our children.
- Author BiographyMaggie Hamilton is the author of What's Happening to Our Girls?, What Men Don't Talk About, Maggie Hamilton's Secret Girl's Business, and The Magic of the Moment: Let Go of Your Past and Embrace the Future.
- Author(s)Maggie Hamilton
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication26/06/2013
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Weight248 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.