All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to Clive Hamilton the author of two recent Australian bestsellers, Growth Fetish and Affluenza - Australia needs a completely new politics built on the world as we find it. In his provocative new essay, he throws out a challenge to the party of social democracy, the Labor Party - to both its true believers on the left and its right-wing machine men. What s Left? shows how the world today has little in common with the world that spawned social democracy. We longer have social classes in the same way, we are ever more individualistic, and the locus of power and of cultural change has shifted to the consumption sphere.Yet social democracy and the Labor Party in particular, operates in large part in a mental space that has failed to ackwledge these changes. Modern left and right are so alike because they both accept that the principal objective of politics is to stoke the ecomy and look after the interests of the wealth creators.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Clive Hamilton
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleQuarterly Essay
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 21
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintQuarterly Essay
- Weight200 g
- Width168 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.