All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGus, Nellie and baby Jake can't wait to go on a picnic! In the morning the family heads to their community garden, then to the farmer's market and the supermarket to gather vegetables, fruit, meat and other fresh and delicious foods. Readers follow them through the day as they go home to prepare, cook and pack up the goodies. The book ends with the family eating a yummy meal in the park and flying a kite together. Funny, accessible, family-filled illustrations, conversations between Gus and Nellie and a matter-of-fact text combine to show young children how food fuels our bodies - and help them see how healthy eating and drinking, and being active, can make them feel their best for a day full of fun.
- Author BiographyRobie H. Harris is the trusted and highly acclaimed author of numerous books for children, including Let's Talk About Sex, Let's Talk About Where Babies Come From and Let's Talk, essential guides for children on bodies, babies, families and health. She is also the author of the first three books in the Let's Talk About You and Me series. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Robie H. Harris
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Content Notechiefly illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width248 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nadine Bernard Westcott
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.