About this product
- DescriptionLung cancer is explained in graphic vel format in this informative story that makes the science behind cancer accessible to young readers. The Medikidz are larger-than-life superheroes who live in Mediland, a living, moving virtual world within the human body. Each character is an expert on one component of human anatomy and the role it plays in fighting the disease. Using their extensive combined kwledge, the Medikidz conduct a journey through Mediland, exploring complex medical issues in a language and visual style that is attractive and accessible to tweens and teens. Appropriate humor and adventure are blended with accurate facts, so young readers can understand lung cancer and its causes.
- Author BiographyKim Chilman-Blair, BSc, MBChB, is a medical writer and the founder and CEO of Medikidz, a company dedicated to providing peer-reviewed health information to young people in comic book form. She is the author of the Medikidz series. Shawn deLoache is the lead graphic novelist for the children's health education series Medikidz and the author of the young adult novel, Good Man. They both live in New York City.
- Author(s)Dr Kim Chilman-Blair
- PublisherAmerican Cancer Society
- Date of Publication15/12/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleMedikidz Explain...
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Cancer Society
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width182 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Shawn deLoache
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.