All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping children's word-power in the classroom is the focus of this book. It offers practical approaches and strategies, based on the linguistic, cognitive and social principles affecting children's use of words and their meanings in English as an additional language. This book aims to develop teachers' understanding of how words and their meanings underpin all children's learning in all curriculum areas. It explores a neglected but crucial aspect of additional language acquisition: the dependence of children's academic achievement on lexicon - vocabulary - and provides a guide for teachers to plan and resource a word-aware curriculum. This book is intended for all teachers of children for whom English is a second or additional language and also for linguists, educational policy-makers and teacher educators.
- Author(s)Norah McWilliam
- PublisherInstitute of Education Press
- Date of Publication06/03/1998
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationStoke-on-Trent
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrentham Books Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight367 g
- Width168 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.