All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave You Heard About Bitcoins? What are they? Who created them? Why are they important? Will they replace paper money? Is it like Gold? Bitcoins are in the news regularly these days. These reports range from talking about how Bitcoins will replace paper money in many countries to how Bitcoins are being used as a way to pay for drugs, gambling and prostitution. So, what's the deal with Bitcoins? Bitcoin is, at its core, virtual currency. It is a digital representation of money that can be used to purchase goods and services in the same way cash can be used to purchase those same goods and services. However, Bitcoin differs considerably from these other currencies in that it is t backed by any bank or nation and has formal organizational structure behind it. Bitcoin is managed entirely by a Peer to Peer (P2P) network of individuals that manages balances and transactions on its own. Bitcoins are mined from computer networks through the process of solving a complex mathematical problem. The total amount of available Bitcoins will ultimately be a finite number, which may create a huge demand, and value for them in the future. Bitcoins are traded on exchanges across the world, which can convert them into the accepted currencies in these countries. Bitcoins are being used to pay for many products and services across the globe today, some legal and some illegal. Bitcoins are NOT science fiction. They are real and you can learn about them by reading this book!
- Author BiographyRyan Lancelot is a graduate of The College of New Jersey. Jack Tatar is author of 4 books including his latest called 'Having the Talk: The Four Keys to Your Parents' Safe Retirement'
- Author(s)Jack Tatar,Ryan Lancelot
- PublisherPeople Tested Books
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeople Tested Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.