All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is retirement planning different for women? Women are completely comfortable talking about many M-word topics: their marriages, motherhood and their mothers, merlots and martinis, mammograms and mepause. But, bring up money and the conversations often screech to a halt. Ask how prepared a woman is for retirement and she can tell you the exact date when she wants to retire, but t how much money she'll need for a 30-year retirement. In this thought-provoking, but n-traditional, fun approach to planning for a woman's retirement, Marcia Mantell guides women through the key questions they'll need to answer before they will be prepared to retire. In What's the Deal with Retirement Planning for Women?, you'll get realistic perspectives on retirement in the new era, a treasure trove of resources to get started, and practical examples of how other women are dealing with redesigning and reinventing retirement. Ten key questions are discussed and you may be surprised by the answers! While two women will have the same retirement or financial resources, there are common topics that each woman needs to address. While this book offers financial information, it also focuses on how to start defining your future years, how to use the skills of running your household to manage your retirement, and why doing what you love will continue to be a key activity in retirement. It also provides a critical overview into Social Security, which is often the foundation of income for most women in retirement. This book should help you feel more confident and empowered to own your own retirement and future. It will give you a terrific roadmap for how to plan for the future you deserve and help you to make your retirement the best time of your life!
- Author BiographyFor nearly 25 years, Marcia Mantell has helped the country's foremost financial services firms and their advisors increase their knowledge of complex retirement concepts and regulations. As founder and President of Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc. she partners with financial institutions to help them support their customers across the retirement spectrum-from a focus on saving, to the transition into retirement, to how to organize and manage income to last a lifetime. Marcia has developed innovative retirement income planning workshops and programs for advisors and their clients, comprehensive retirement education programs and seminars for consumers, and Money Basics workshops to help high school students and young adults start out on solid financial footing. She has written extensively about retirement topics. She also has a remarkable ability to translate challeng- ing retirement concepts into everyday language that educates and motivates people to take the right steps to achieve the retirement they desire. To build successful programs and materials, she pursued an in-depth understanding of how consumers think about retirement and plan (or avoid planning) for the future. She has spent the past two decades talking to Baby Boomers to get a more in-depth view from the inside. Marcia presents to standing room only crowds of consumers who are looking for the magic answer to the question that keeps them up at night: Will I really have enough money to last through my retirement? Marcia interviews Baby Boomers frequently and shares their stories in her blog at BoomerRetirementBriefs.com. She is often interviewed by the press, including Consumer Reports Money Advisor, The Wall St. Journal, BankRate, ThinkAdvisor and was profiled in Research Magazine. She is a graduate of the University of Rochester and holds a Retirement Management Analyst (RMA(r)) desig- nation. She is an active member of the Retirement Income Industry Association (RIIA), where she heads up Consumer initiatives.
- Author(s)Marcia a Mantell
- PublisherPeople Tested Books
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeople Tested Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.