All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are Vespers? Where have the consecration bells gone? Why do some liturgical ministers vest and others don't? Blinking sneakers on altar servers, Christmas trees in January ...what is that all about? These are some of the candid questions that Catholics and others often wonder about the liturgy. In What's the Smoke For? expert liturgist Johan van Parys offers helpful and engaging answers. Based on church teaching and rooted in sound theology, Johan's responses invite inquiring minds to continue to think about what is happening in the church and to be engaged in learning more about liturgy and the arts.
- Author BiographyJohan van Parys is the author of Symbols That Surround Us, is a native of Belgium, and has been Director of Liturgy and the Sacred Arts at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis since 1995. Since 1997 he has been managing editor for the award-winning Basilica Magazine. He is a member of the North American Academy of Liturgists and Societas Liturgica.
- Author(s)Johan Van Parys
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication07/07/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.