All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNominated for the Nobel Prize and winner of the Herder Prize, Nichita Stanescu is the most celebrated postwar Romanian poet. His world is one where angels and mysterious forces converse with the everyday and earthbound, where love and passion and a quest for truth are central, where urgent questions flow, where the inanimate is animate. His startling images cut deep; his ideas and feelings are expressed simply. Humour and pain mingle.
- Author BiographyNichita St?nescu (1933-1983) was the most beloved and groundbreaking Romanian poet of the twentieth century. St?nescu transformed Soviet-style aesthetics from within, infusing the tangible world with a metaphysical vocabulary all his own. St?nescu received the Herder Prize in 1975 and was nominated for the Nobel Prize in 1979. Sean Cotter's translations from the Romanian include Liliana Ursu's Lightwall and Nichita Danilov's Second-hand Souls. His essays, articles, and translations have appeared in Conjunctions, Two Lines, and Translation Review. He is Associate Professor of Literature and Literary Translation at the University of Texas at Dallas, Center for Translation Studies. Cotter's translation of Mircea C?rt?rescu's Blinding is forthcoming from Archipelago.
- Author(s)Nichita Stanescu
- PublisherArchipelago Books
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArchipelago Books
- Weight361 g
- Width139 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.89Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.