All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Angels Weep deals with one of the most damaging and controversial issues facing the Roman Catholic Church and the largest settlement for sexual abuse in Canada's history. The book tells the stories of four victims of the late Father Charles Sylvestre, who was found guilty of 47 counts of sexual abuse over a 40-year period in churches in Chatham, London, Sarnia and Windsor. He died in prison serving a three-year sentence. The book chronicles the abuse and the ways it has affected these four women into adulthood, giving them a voice as they speak out against what they experienced. Their stories are similar to those of many other victims who spoke to the author but are unable to come forward and share their experiences publicly.
- Author BiographyMary Ann Mulhern is a Windsor teacher and poet. Her first collection The Red Dress received national attention in a CBC interview on Tapestry. Touch the Dead was short-listed for the Acorn-Plantos award in 2007. When Angels Weep, published in 2008, was launched at the University of Windsor and short-listed for the Acorn-Plantos award in 2009. Sleeping with Satan, brings the Salem Witch-hunt into contemporary focus.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Mulhern
- PublisherBlack Moss Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Moss Press
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.