All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Cricket Was Cricket - The Ashes takes you back to the heyday of great Ashes Test series of the past. Here are the epic contests between England and Australia down the decades, featuring the finest batsmen, the demon bowlers, the nail-biting matches and all the colour, controversies and captivating stories surrounding cricket's premier Test fixture. Drawing on 100 years of outstanding photographs in the huge Mirrorpix archive, this book brings the Ashes of the past back to life. Author Adam Powley evokes the excitement, drama, and unique atmosphere of the contest before the modern era. Featuring a gallery of the game's greats, from Bradman to Botham, Hobbs to Hughes, WG Grace to SK Warne, the book relives in vivid detail their thrilling exploits with bat and ball.
- Author BiographyAdam Powley is a journalist and writer behind a number of books. He is the author of When Football Was Football: World Cup, When Football Was Football: Tottenham Hotspur, and is the co-author of the bestselling Spurs Miscellany and the critically acclaimed The Boys From White Hart Lane. He was also a major contributor to The Spurs Opus, When Saturday Comes: The half-decent football book, and Football: The Ultimate Guide. He has also reported and written for the Sunday Mirror, The Guardian, and Time Out.
- Author(s)Adam Powley
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content Note150 illustrations
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.