All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBefore he wrote 'A Series of Unfortunate Events', Lemony Snicket asked all the wrong questions. Four to be exact. This is the account of the second question. In the fading town of Stain'd-by-the-Sea, young apprentice Lemony Snicket has a new case to solve when he and his chaperone are hired to find a missing girl. Is the girl a runaway? Or was she kidnapped? Was she seen last at the grocery store? Or could she have stopped at the diner? Is it really any of your business? In the tradition of great storytellers, from Dickens to Dahl, comes an exquisitely dark comedy that is both literary and irreverent. You'll laugh only if you find humour in gothic and mysterious things involving detectives and crime solving. Lemony's other literary outings in, 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' have sold 60 million copies worldwide and been made into a Hollywood film starring Jim Carrey. And in the future things are poised to get much worse, thanks to the forthcoming Netflix series starring Neil Patrick Harris. You have been warned. Have you read all four mysterious titles in the Wrong Questions series? 'Who Could That Be at the This Hour?' 'When Did You See Her Last? 'Shouldn't You Be in School?' 'Why is This Night Different from All Other Nights?' Author Lemony Snicket was born before you were and is likely to die before you as well. He was born in a small town where the inhabitants were suspicious and prone to riot. He grew up near the sea and currently lives beneath it. Until recently, he was living somewhere else. He is a broken man, wracked with misery and despair as a result of writing 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'. He spends his days wandering the countryside weeping and moaning and his evenings eating hastily-prepared meals. Artist Seth has portrayed suspicious circumstances and shady characters in much of his work. He is a multi-award-winning cartoonist, author and artist, whose works include Palookaville and Clyde Fans.
- Author BiographyLemony Snicket had an unusual education and a perplexing youth and now endures a despondent adulthood. His previous published works include the thirteen volumes in A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Composer is Dead, and 13 Words. Artist Seth has portrayed suspicious circumstances and shady characters in much of his work. He is a multi-award-winning cartoonist, author and artist, whose works include Palookaville, Clyde Fans and The Great Northern Brotherhood of Canadian Cartoonists.
- Author(s)Lemony Snicket
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleAll the Wrong Questions
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (colour)
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.