All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is vintage MacLean. This is a gripping story of modern piracy planned on such a scale that national interests are threatened. Several bullion-carrying ships have mysteriously disappeared - the latest with two secret agents aboard, planted among the crew. The Secret Service is alerted and Philip Calvert is commissioned to investigate. The trail leads Calvert to the Western Isles of Scotland, and to a mysterious vessel, moored in a bleak and misty bay. As he slips silently aboard he kws he has found the missing ship, The Nantesville. The original crew have disappeared - all but the two agents - and they are dead. Calvert's cturnal, and nearly fatal, adventure begins to throw some light on the secret of the disappearing vessels, but questions remain, and there's more than a hint of conspiracy.
- Author BiographyAlistair MacLean (1922-1987) served in the navy during the Second World War. Other popular works of his were The Guns of Navarone and Where Eagles Dare. When Eight Bells Toll was made into a film starring Anthony Hopkins and Robert Morley.
- Author(s)Alistair MacLean
- PublisherAudioGO Limited
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBlack Dagger Crime
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Audiobooks Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/09/2008
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.32Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.