All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.59Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionEmily Carr is one strange bird. She makes paintings body wants, keeps a houseful of animals, and often disappears into the woods in a tiny house on wheels. But even those used to Emily's eccentricities are surprised when she comes home from a trip to buy birdseed with a small, lonely monkey. In Emily's rambunctious household, Woo the monkey is t lonely for long. She snatches at the parrot's feathers, chases the dogs and cats - and completely wins Emily's big heart. But when Woo's mischief turns dangerous, Emily fears she may lose the little friend who brings her so much joy. Will the strength of Emily's love, and Woo's own strength, be eugh to save her? In When Emily Carr Met Woo, BC illustrator Dean Griffiths's watercolours capture the mood of the 1920's with historical details of Victoria and its surroundings. Monica Kulling, using prose as simple and expressive as Emily's own brush strokes, retells the true story of one of Canada's most beloved artists - and of her most beloved pet. The book includes historical photos throughout and concludes with a biography of Emily Carr.
- Author BiographyMonica Kulling has published over thirty-five titles for children, among them In the Bag! Margaret Knight Wraps it Up, selected by the Smithsonian as one of Ten Great Science Books for Kids. Her books have been regularly nominated for awards, including ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Award for All Aboard! Elijah McCoy's Steam Engine and the SYRCA Shining Willow Award for Lumpito and the Painter from Spain, which is also a Bank Street Best Book. Dean Griffiths is a popular picture book artist with more than 25 titles to his name. His many awards include the Christie Harris Illustrated Children's Book Prize for Maggie Can't Wait and the Chocolate Lily Award for Ballerinas Don't Wear Glasses. His most recent book, Bad Pirate, won the Rainforest of Reading Award. Dean lives in Duncan, British Columbia, with his daughter.
- Author(s)Monica Kulling
- PublisherPajama Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPajama Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width236 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dean Griffiths
- Format DetailsReinforced binding,With printed dust jacket
- Reading AgeFrom K
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.