All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDERBY COUNTY, formed in 1884, were one of the 12 founder members of the Football League and have made a major contribution to the history of the English game. This book celebrates the great tradition of the club with scores of wonderful images, taken from the Daily Mirror's huge archive, which are sure to rekindle memories for every generation of supporter. Journey through the days when Steve Bloomer was playing rather than watching, when Raich Carter was inspiring FA Cup glory, and Brian Clough and Peter Taylor were leading the team to the English championship and European Cup semi-finals, right up until the present. Without, of course, forgetting the lows, including Cloughie's departure just as the club was establishing itself at the top of the English game, the two relegations to the third tier, the Play-Off final defeat to Leicester in 1994 and relegation from the Premier League in 2008 with the lowest-ever points tally. When Football Was Football doffs its cap to everybody who has helped shape this great club over the years - the players, the managers, the tea ladies and laundry girls, and, perhaps most importantly, those Derbyshire folk who turn up in their thousands, home and away, week after week, year after year to cheer their team on. So strap yourself in, Rams fans, and prepare yourselves for a trip down Memory Lane. We hope you enjoy the ride...
- Author BiographyTOM HOPKINSON is a football reporter for The People. He has previously worked for the Daily Express, Sunday Express and London's Evening Standard, and is a regular guest on talkSPORT. He also contributed the chapter 'Derby and the Tin Man' for the football anthology 'Life's A Pitch - The Passions of the Press Box'. A big football fan, Tom hails from Bolehill, Derbyshire and lives in south-west London. He was a Derby season ticket holder in the mid-to-late 90s before work intervened.
- Author(s)Tom Hopkinson
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication26/03/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content Note175 illustrations
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.