All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow for the first time in paperback, this is a unique and magnificent collection of photographs of Liverpool Football Club from the very early days until 1992, freshly selected from thousands of images in the Daily Mirror's extensive archive. These superb photos, many of them previously unpublished, document the rise of the most successful football club in the English game. The early days and the championship-winning sides of the early 1900s, the 'untouchables' of the '20s, the coming of the 'messiah' Bill Shankly after the lean years of the 1930s, '40s and '50s, the triumphs of the '60s '70s and '80s, the tragedies of Heysel and Hillsborough - it's all here. This book will bring to life the periods, the personalities and the human stories.
- Author BiographyPeter Hooton is a Kop season ticket holder and has been a regular at Liverpool matches home and away since the 1970's. He conceived and edited the legendary magazine/football fanzine 'The End' during the 1980's which many regard as the catalyst for the football fanzine explosion later that decade, before going on to have commercial success with his group The Farm. He wrote and sang the song 'All Together Now' which has now become a football anthem across the globe He has had numerous articles published in the likes of Four Four Two Four, Goal, The Guardian, New Musical Express, and has helped produce and research several television documentaries about football. He recently contributed a chapter to the highly acclaimed book 'Here We Go Gathering Cups in May' which documented Liverpool's seven European Cup Finals and he is a regular guest on Liverpool FC's own television channel and on radio stations giving his views on Liverpool Football Club and football in general.
- Author(s)Peter Hooton
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content Note220
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.