Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis study begins with the analysis of a type of divine appearance in the Old Testament, here called 'human theophany', in which God is described as having a concrete human form. The book includes a delineation of various types of anthropomorphism (such as God appearing in concrete human form, as opposed to only in dreams), analysis of the implications of human theophany for ancient Israelite, Canaanite and Near Eastern religion, and discussion of human theophany in relation to appearances of angels. It also includes discussion of philosophical approaches to anthropomorphism.
- Author BiographyEsther J. Hamori, Union Theological Seminary, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Esther J. Hamori
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleBeihefte zur Zeitschrift fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 384
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.