All listings for this product
Best Selling in Audio Books
- AU $24.13New
- AU $46.29New
- AU $7.57New
- AU $25.42New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $44.70
- AU $47.46Trending at AU $49.97
- AU $30.80Trending at AU $34.22
- AU $33.76Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $12.79Trending at AU $12.93
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $46.00
- AU $36.66Trending at AU $38.65
About this product
- DescriptionMarilynne Robinson has built a sterling reputation as a writer of sharp, subtly moving prose, t only as a major American velist, but also as a rigorous thinker and incisive essayist. In When I Was a Child I Read Books she returns to and expands upon the themes which have preoccupied her work with renewed vigor.In Austerity as Ideology, she tackles the global debt crisis, and the charged political and social political climate in this country that makes finding a solution to our financial troubles so challenging. In Open Thy Hand Wide she searches out the deeply embedded role of generosity in Christian faith. And in When I Was a Child, one of her most personal essays to date, an account of her childhood in Idaho becomes an exploration of individualism and the myth of the American West. Clear-eyed and forceful as ever, Robinson demonstrates once again why she is regarded as one of our essential writers.
- Author BiographyMarilynne Robinson is the author of the novels Housekeeping (FSG, 1981), Gilead (FSG, 2004), winner of the Pulitzer Prize, and Home (FSG, 2008), and three books of nonfiction, Mother Country (FSG, 1989), The Death of Adam (1998) and Absence of Mind (2010). She teaches at the University of Iowa Writers' Workshop.
- Author(s)Marilynne Robinson
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication05/05/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight236 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byMarilynne Robinson
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time420
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.