All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKaren Throsby offers a discourse analysis of interviews with women and couples who have had unsuccessful IVF therapy. Taking a feminist perspective, she argues that treatment failure produces a gendered burden of discursive work orientated towards locating the self, and the engagement with IVF, as rmal .
- Author BiographyKAREN THROSBY is a Lecturer in Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science, UK. Her current research interests include pre-implantation genetic diagnosis and the donation of embryos for stem cell research. She has previously published articles on a variety of aspects of IVF failure and the end of treatment.
- Author(s)Karen Throsby
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication20/08/2004
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.