All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if it starts to sw? What do you do? Where do you go? What if it starts to sw. What do you do? Where do you go? So begins this winter story, as each animal--from a mouse to a bear--tells us what it will do and where it will go when the sw starts to fall. Each takes cover in its own special home, except for one. Can you guess who? Phillis Gershator's chant-along verse encourages listener participation, and is best enjoyed when read aloud. The inquisitive text and dashing illustrations by Martin Matje make this a delightful picture book for reading under the covers when the weather gets chilly. Poetic and imaginative, When It Starts to Sw celebrates winter in all its cozy glory.
- Author BiographyPhillis Gershator is the author of several books for children, including Bread Is for Eating, illustrated by Emma Shaw-Smith, which was a Reading Rainbow Feature Selection. She lives with her husband on the island of St. Thomas. Martin Matje has illustrated many books for children in his native France. When It Starts to Snow marks his children's book debut in America. He lives with his family in Paris.
- Author(s)Phillis Gershator
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width200 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Martin Matje
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.52
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.