All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wondered why dogs are considered, 'man's best friend?' In this book, Psychologist Dr Christopher Blazina explains the importance of the unique bond between men and dogs. There are widely-held beliefs that males naturally transition into a state of self-imposed seclusion and emotional detachment in adulthood. Even relying on ather person violates the rules of being a man. When Man Meets Dog explores how the bond with animal companions bypasses many of these barriers, helping males develop into happier, healthier men. What a difference a dog can make!It's also important to discuss the other side of attachment: loss. Again, the mixed messages men receive lead to difficulties with managing grief. When Man Meets Dog is the first book to discuss men's 'continuing bonds' with a lost animal companion. A continuing bond is a new way of reconnecting and preserving the memory of this unique connection. When Man Meets Dog is a memoir with a purpose. Chris shares his very personal story of how two shelter dogs t only changed the direction of his life, but also how he defines what it means to be a man.
- Author BiographyDr Chris Blazina is a psychologist, professor, and author. Specialising in men's psychology, Dr Blazina is now applying that knowledge to an in-depth understanding of 'man's best friend.' He has written three books focused on the psychology of men, and two additional books guiding researchers and clinicians about the importance of animal companions in our lives. Dr Blazina has been a guest on numerous radio programs across the United States and Canada, ranging from National Public Radio, Canadian Broadcasting Company, to Sirius XM. He has been quoted in popular magazines, such as Cosmopolitan and Women's Health, and in newspapers, such as the Huffington Post. His latest book, When Man Meets Dog is a memoir with a purpose, explaining the meaning of the human-animal bond from a male perspective. This includes sharing his own story about how two shelter dogs not only changed the trajectory of his own life, but how he redefines what it means to be a man in our society.
- Author(s)Chris Blazina
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationDorchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHubble&Hattie an Imprint of Veloce Publishing Ltd
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.