When Markets Collide: Investment Strategies for the Age of Global Economic Change by Mohamed A. El-Erian (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShortlisted for the FT/Goldman Sachs Book of the Year Award 2008 ONE OF THE SMARTEST INVESTORS ON THE PLANET. MONEY MAGAZINE This book is an essential read for those who wish to understand the modern world of investing. Alan Greenspan When Markets Collide is a timely alert to the fundamental changes taking place in today's global ecomic and financial systems and a call to action for investors who may fall victim to misinterpreting important signals. While some have tended to view asset class mispricings as mere ise, this compelling book shows why they are important signals of opportunities and risks that will shape the market for years to come. One of today's most respected names in finance, Mohamed El-Erian puts recent events in their proper context, giving you the tools that can help you interpret the markets, benefit from global ecomic change, and navigate the risks. The world ecomy is in the midst of a series of hand-offs. Global growth is w being heavily influenced by nations that previously had little or systemic influence. Former debtor nations are building unforeseen wealth and, thus, enjoying unprecedented influence and facing unusual challenges. And new derivative products have changed the behavior of many market segments and players. Yet, despite all these changes, the system's infrastructure is yet to be upgraded to reflect the realities of today's and tomorrow's world. El-Erian investigates the underlying drivers of global change to shed light on how you should: Think about the new opportunities and risks Construct an appropriately diversified and internationalized portfolio Protect your portfolio against new sources of systemic risk Best think about the impact of central banks and financial policies around the world Offering up predictions of future developments, El-Erian directs his focus to help you capitalize on the new financial landscape, while limiting exposure to new risk configurations. When Markets Collide is a unique collection of books for investors and policy makers around the world. In addition to providing a thorough analysis and clear perspective of recent events, it lays down a detailed map for navigating your way through an otherwise perplexing new ecomic landscape.
- Author BiographyMohammed A. El-Erian is CEO of PIMCO, one of the largest investment management companies in the world. He formerly served as president and CEO of Harvard Management company, the firm that manages the university's $35 billion endowment. He spent 15 years at the International Money Fund, working on policy, capital market and multi lateral economic issues. In 2004, Fortune named him a member of its eight-person 'Mutual Fund Dream Team'.
- PrizesWinner of Financial Times/Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award 2008.
- Author(s)Mohamed A. El-Erian
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight638 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.