All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $58.79Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $40.96
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of the bestselling Your Baby and Child comes a book full of completely practical, comprehensively researched information and advice on how you can do what is best for your child when you are going through a separation or divorce.Using the latest scientific research in child development, Penelope Leach covers the various effects of divorce on children in five stages of life--infants, toddlers/preschoolers, primary school children, teenagers, college students/young adults--many of whom are far more deeply affected than previously thought. She explains recent studies that overturn many common assumptions and that show, for example, how many standard custody arrangements for very young children are harmful to children s attachment to their parents and therefore to their brain development. There is evidence to suggest that the practice of having infants and toddlers spend regular overnights with ncustodial parents may be damaging, and the practice of dividing children s time equally between the parents is seldom best for the children.Leach s advice is meticulously considered and exhaustive, covering everything from access, custody, and financial and legal considerations to managing separate sets of techlogy in two houses, and she includes the voices of both parents and children to illustrate her points. She explains why mutual parenting is the ideal way to co-parent after a divorce and delineates ways to carry this out. And throughout, she makes clear that, most importantly in any separation or divorce, both parents must put their relationship to their children and responsiveness to their needs ahead of their feelings about each other.
- Author(s)Penelope Leach
- PublisherBlackstone Audiobooks
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlackstone Audiobooks
- Out-of-print date25/03/2015
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time570
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.